Armytek Predator - rich performance in a compact and stylish package, displayed through exceptional technical characteristics. Initially developed as a hunting and Special Forces flashlight, but perfectly suitable for any indoor or outdoor activity due to its size, ruggedness and design specifications. It is the only flashlight of the new second generation, possessing new optical components and advanced electronic capabilities.
Main factors were considered during development:
1. Light. Powerful, long-distance beam, compact optics.
2. Electronics. Effective and highly advanced.
3. Design. Comfortable and compact, light and reliable.
The flashlight is developed and engineered by Armytek Optoelectronics Inc., Canada. Made with USA and Japan
electronic components. During development, ideas and suggestions from European and Russian engineers, Special Forces
and experienced hunters were used to the full extent.
Viking X, 750 lumens (cocok untuk anda yang ingin sinar lebih menyebar dan runtime lebih lama)
1. LED Cree XML U2, 750 LED lumens
2. Power source: 2xCR123A, 1x18650 Li-Ion
3. Length 6.1"/155 mm, Head diameter 1.43"/36.5 mm, Body diameter 1"/25.4mm
4. Weight: 4.76oz/135g.
5. Runtimes for 18650 2900mAh: 750lm/2h35min, 520lm/2h50min, 90lm/16h10m, 65lm/17h, 7lm/170h
Armytek Viking - new Cree XML and XPG flashlights.
1. Long-Range Optics Technology of maximal light focusing in the reflector. The calculation of optics is made with special curve, better than usual parabolic. Impressive optics - excellent compact thrower, maximal distance for this size of flashlights with reflector.
2. World’s first compact tactical flashlight with STEP runtime technology. The completely new latest generation driver enables the flashlight to have a long runtime and have constant light for each runtime step.
3. Made by SLIM Profile Technology which reduces the weight of flashlight and saves the durability and reliability.
4. Simple control: 1 maximal mode for hunting and 3 modes which are selected by button click (with loosened flashlight head).
We used the most effective and world’s first technologies during development of Armytek flashlights.
1. Long-Range Optics Technology of maximal light focusing in the reflector: the calculation of optics is made with special curve, better than usual parabolic. Impressive optics - excellent compact thrower, maximal distance for this size of flashlights with reflector.
2. World’s first compact tactical flashlight with FLAT runtime technology. The completely new latest generation driver S-Tek enables the flashlight to emit a bright and constant light even when the battery 18650 Li-Ion is almost discharged. S-Tek is the only driver in the world that enables the user to choose the type of stabilization.
3. Easy manipulation of modes and the possibility of incredible settings ability to fit your needs: many parameters can be changed - the brightness, the number of modes, the strobe frequency, the battery type, the type of brightness stabilization, the type of automemorization etc. However, if you don't want to change default settings – you can use ArmyTek Predator as an ordinary flashlight immediately, because it is ready after preparing on the factory.
4. STEADY Step-Up Technology. Complete compatibility with LiFePO4 batteries, which can be fully charged in 10 minutes and have best frost-resisting. In this flashlight LiFePO4 can be used safely for the batteries.
5. FIREFLY Technology. World’s first and the only flashlight in the world with doubled critical electric circuits. Even when the main circuit is damaged, the system will be able to work on the reserve circuit, emitting light during 120 days (!), which enable the user to survive in an emergency situation.
6. Intelligent Li-Ion Protection Technology prolongs the lifetime of rechargeable batteries and prevent the situation with unexpected switching-off the flashlight. Electronics Supervisor Technology delivers the full electronics control which choose better work mode for LED flashlight in extreme environment.
7. Armytek Predator made by SLIM Profile Technology which reduces the weight of flashlight and saves the durability and reliability.
The flashlight has been designed on the basis of the new-generation electronic driver S-Tek. The S-Tek driver saw the first industry use of technical solutions, which enabled the realization of unsurpassed features:
1. The current stabilization types are entirely changeable through the user menu: full stabilization (FULL), simple semistabilization (SEMI), stepped stabilization (STEP).
2. Firefly mode 0.1 lumens, working for 120 days with ONE 18650 Li-Ion battery.
3. Complete compatibility with one 18650 battery: actually high efficiency, long duration and flat runtimes (graph of brightness which depends on work time) with full stabilization of the current at all modes. Important notice: an implementation of buck-boost technology allowed refusing of standard method to reach constant brightness by addition of second 18650 battery that made the flashlight 2 times more compact and lightweight.
4. Advanced electronic protection from incorrect battery installation, without reducing the efficiency of the driver
5. Constant and smooth light output. Important notice: no irritating flicker effects.
6. Ecological algorithm of the stabilization control S-Tek Green™, which decreases the system power consumption, making the flashlight very effective, completely utilizing the battery power.
7. The S-Tek driver, due to a built-in sensor, constantly monitors the temperature of LED and the electronic circuit and will prevent the LED overheating in extreme environments.
8. The driver has a built-in indication of low voltage and high temperature.
1. Removable two-sided clip, functional and easy to use.
2. The ability to use batteries with a flat contact.
3. Indication of battery voltage at user's request (ex.: 3 blinks – pause – 6 blinks = 3.6 Volts).
4. The automemorization of the last used mode can be turned on or off.
5. The ability to save the user's individual settings in the Custom preset.
6. The ability to reset of all settings of the flashlight to those built-in by the manufacturer (Military or Outdoor presets) or
to the user's saved preset (Custom).
7. Protection from switching on accidentally (special turn of the tailcap).
8. Strong and easily removable lanyard to avoid losing the flashlight.
1. The reflector of the ArmyTek Predator has been modeled and calculated in computer software for the design of optical systems that enabled to produce a flawless light beam for a distance more than 820 feet (250 meters).
2. Ultra-transparent and tempered glass was used with anti-reflective and lens coating, normally used in photo equipment only. The transparency of the glass is 98-99%.
3. The angle of the light spot is 5 or 10 degrees (depending on the modification), the angle of the light spill is 24 degrees.
4. At the distance of 300 feet (92 meters), the diameter of the light spot is 26 feet (8 meters).
1. The flashlight has a strong, difficult to break body, which is developed for a minimum weight with sufficient durability. The design of the body includes element design specifically to prevent the flashlight from rolling.
2. The flashlight is designed with the impact-resistant bezels from both sides in order to protect it from falling and allow utilization during combat situations. In the Gold and Black version the steel bezels are also covered by titanium compounds with a hardness of 2000-3000HV.
3. To ensure functionality in difficult conditions, the electronic driver of the flashlight is placed in a special aluminum capsule and has been completely covered with a durable compound. This actually protects it from both the environment and from mechanical damage.
4. Body cover: matte, anodized. Hardness: 350-400HV. Resistant to scratches and impacts.
5. Body material: aviation-grade aluminum T6061-T6.
Water resistance standard: IPX-8 (the highest). The following technical solutions were implemented to improve water resistance of the flashlight:
1. Two silicone O-rings are installed at each side of the battery tube of the flashlight.
2. Metric profile thread has been used.
3. An O-ring has been used to increase glass sealing, and well as an extra L-ring of a specific shape.
4. All threads, rubber parts and other parts of the flashlight that experience friction or contact with water are lubricated with a special dense grease NyoGel 760G.
Q: What is meant by the FULL stabilization of the LED current from one18650 Li-Ion battery and why that is important? In other flashlights it's also written "digitally regulated output", "digital current control", "constant brightness", "microcontroller current control", "constant LED current" from one 18650 battery.
A: Armytek flashlight uses the buck-boost driver, which is the one that ensures the even stabilization graph at the maximum brightness at the entire range of battery voltage (FLAT Runtime Technology), unlike simple buck drivers in all other flashlights, where the brightness falls with time. Analogy: would you like a car with an engine that gives 500hp only during the first three minutes? Or imagine a car with head lamps which decrease the brightness every minute.
Q: Why does the Predator only work 1.5-2 hours while the other flashlights are working about 3-4 hours?
A: These flashlights are working on completely different brightness modes with lower LED currents and without a full stabilization. If instead of the Military preset the Outdoor preset is chosen (in the Predator), the time of operation will also significantly increase, but this is due to the fact that the brightness of the flashlight will be falling gradually with semi-stabilization (SEMI), what happens in the flashlights with simple buck drivers. You have the right to choose with the Predator the time of operation, the number of modes, and their brightness. The flashlight completely sets up to fit your needs. Often the users make all settings once only (at the beginning) and after that use this flashlight with modes and tunings which are better for their tasks. Analogy: would you like to choose in your car a type of mode for automatic gearbox like "Sport", "Winter" or "City", that will bring different fuel consumption, safety and driving style?
FULL stabilization - the brightness of flashlight will stay the same as it must be in the modern flashlight(FLAT Runtime Technology).
STEP stabilization - the brightness reduces step by step, which brings constant brightness on each step and long runtime (STEP Runtime Technology).
SEMI stabilization - the brightness fall down almost every minute - as it is in old bulb flashlights. But many LED flashlights still have the same trouble. Be careful!
Q: Why is there an electronic protection from incorrect battery installation in the Predator, while others only have a
mechanical one or none at all?
A: The easiest option is not to create an electronic protection, because it reduces the efficiency by 5-6%, or to make a
mechanical one, but then it would be impossible to use the rechargeable batteries with a flat “+” contact. In the
Predator, expensive electronic components are used, which create a minimal decreasing in efficiency, but then the
reliability of the protection is significantly higher and allows any type of power source. Then you can safely (without
driver damaging) install battery in a wrong position and use batteries with a flat “+” contact.
Analogy:would you like a car without air-conditioner which brings a little higher fuel consumption and much better
comfort cooling when you are driving?
Q: It is believed that the efficiency coefficient of a buck driver is higher than that of a buck-boost driver. How long does the Predator work? Especially with the electronic protection from incorrect battery installation.
A: The components and the electronic technology permits not only a full stabilization of the LED current at the entire
range of battery voltage, but also a high efficiency of the driver, which is not lower than the efficiency of the buck driver,
and even higher. It is sufficient to compare operating times at identical modes. You must not forget that high levels of
efficiency coefficient of the lowering drivers exist at the stage where the light output is falling, essentially not stabilizing.
Analogy:modern well made four-wheel drive cars (4x4, or 4WD, or Quattro) with full control of all wheels have lower
fuel consumption than some cars without this kind of technology, it depends on level of development and realization.
Q: Why does the Predator permit the use of the 18650 Li-Ion rechargeable batteries without the protection board
(PCB), and even LiFePO4? Can't they be used in other, similar flashlights?
A: Other flashlights normally use buck drivers, in which the discharge of the battery is not fully controlled, so their
electronics essentially kills the batteries, discharging them below the permitted level, if they are not removed on time. In
the Predator the process of control over the power and stabilization does not stop, it is continuous. So the flashlight will
know when it can no longer discharge the power source in use and that it must be replaced, correspondingly signalling
about it for battery safety. Battery voltage for 18650 LiFePO4 is lower than Li-Ion batteries and then ordinary
flashlight with buck driver will have low light output or do not switch on at all.
Analogy: for your safety the modern cars use many electronic sensors for damage protection of an engine or a break
system, this control is continuous. Would you like a car without this kind of sensors?