Tough and bright 2x AA battery work/ outdoor light
The Klarus P2A is the 2x AA torch in Klarus's 'Professional' series of lights. Being both tactical and practical, the P2A is tough, reliable and waterproof. Each light has been manufactured to military specifications, but sensibly priced for a wide range of users - including police, military, paramedics, airsofters, professional tradespeople and people who enjoy the outdoors and camping.
The P2A uses a high power CREE XP-G R5 LED, which outputs a max 245 ANSI lumens. Two output modes (High--Low) are accessed by simply tightening and loosening the head.
- LED Type: Ultra bright CREE XP-G R5 with life span of up to 50,000 hrs.
- Battery: 2x AA (1.5V, Alkaline, Ni-MH).
- Function: There are 2 light modes - High and Low, which are accessed by simply twisting the head. Tighten head to access High mode and loosen head for Low mode.
- Switch: Unique forward clicky tail switch that is recessed to allow for tail-standing, but is as accessible as a protruding clicky switch due to the tail cap having recesses around the switch. So you get the best of both.
- Performance: Highly efficient performance due to the digitally regulated output, which maintains constant brightness.
- Protection: Reverse polarity protection circuit protects against incorrect insertion of batteries. Sealed with O-rings for excellent water resistance and improved service life. Waterproof and Dust Resistant to IPX-8.
- Carrying: The removable clip allows the torch to be clipped onto a belt, pocket, webbing, a tactical vest or Police stab vest. It will also fit into the Klick Fast torch attachment for fitting to Police vests and jackets that have the Klick Fast fittings.
- Using: This powerful LED torch can be used with the optional Klarus Headband, which turns it into a head lamp. The light can also be used hands-free by Police officers who mount it to their uniform via the Klick Fast fitting and use it in low mode for writing tickets, or remove and use in high mode for field and building searches.
- Dimension: 155mm (Length), 23mm (Head), 22.6mm (Body)
- Weight: 73g (without battery).
- Finish: Tough, sealed body with Military Grade HA Type III anodising.
- Reflector: Orange peel to provide a smooth, flawless beam.
- Lens: Toughened, ultra clear glass
- Switch: Tail forward clicky switch for On/ Momentary On/ Off. Head twist to access High and Low mode.
What you get
Printed Klarus packaging containing:
- Klarus P2A Professional Flashlight
- Removable clip
- Wrist lanyard
- Spare O-rings
- Spare rubber switch boot
- User Manual
Awarded 'Best in Test' by Country Walking magazine!
Yes, that's right. The KLARUS P2A was awarded 'Best in Test' by Country Walking magazine. You can read more about the test and the other torches the P2A beat in the October 2011 issue (out now) or download the feature (PDF)...
- Turn Power On/ Off
Pressing the tail cap switch will turn power On/ Off
- Switch Modes
Half press tail switch for momentary-on. When light is on, twist the head to change modes; tighten head for High mode and loosen for Low mode.
Output & Runtimes
Based on 2x AA battery:
- High Mode: 245 Lumens (1.6 hrs)
- Low Mode: 20 Lumens (33 hrs)
1. Max output: 245 Lumens
2. Max run time: 33 hours
3. Cree XP-G R5 LED
4. Two output modes and easy operation
5. Forward tactical switch with momentary activation
6. Clip for hands-free operation
7. Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard
8. Smooth beam - perfect balance of beam throw and spill
9. Military Grade HA Type III anodizing
10. Highly efficient digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
11. Reverse polarity protection
1. Emitter: Cree XP-G R5 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
2. TTwo output modes: ----Max output: 245 Lumens/ 1hr ----Low output: 20 Lumens/ 33 hrs.
3. Working Voltage: 1.8V - 3.2V
4. Battery: 2pcs 1.5V AA (Alkaline, Ni-MH).
a) Tactical tail switch for power on/ off and momentary activation.
b) Rotate the flashlight head to adjust the brightness output - tighten head for max output, loosen for low output
6. Lens: Toughened ultra-clear glass.
7. Material: Aircraft grade aluminum with Military Grade HA Type III anodizing.
8. Reflector: Textured reflector for smooth beam.
9. Dimensions: 155mm (Length) x 23mm (Head) x 22.6mm (Body).
10. Net weight: 73g (Excluding battery).
11. Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard.
12. Included accessories: lanyard, body clip, two spare o-rings, and a rubber switch boot.